The newly revamped park opened to the public on 1 September 2021.
We have implemented landscape improvements to Dickens’ Fields. The project area included Dickens Square Park access road and Butterfly Walk.
The project delivered the following outcomes:
- created a more welcoming, attractive and accessible park
- improved visibility around the park, allowing passive surveillance from nearby streets and residences and reducing opportunities for anti-social activity
- created new entrances and pathways
- implemented new furniture, play and sports equipment
- enabled a coherent, well-designed park of high quality that meets the needs of residents and visitors
Our landscape architects, LDA Design, as well as the main contractor, Tilhill Forestry have delivered a fantastic scheme, developed with the local community.
The team has received overwhelmingly positive feedback since the opening of the site, describing the project as a ‘transformation’ and an ‘absolute triumph’.
The new playground is named after Anne Keane who was a local champion, lived on the Rockingham Estate and was the driving force behind the origins and development of the park - including an earlier adventure playground on the old Despatch Motors site. A fitting tribute to a fabulous local woman who deserves recognition.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Page last updated: 11 October 2021