Southwark celebrates its Housing Heroes for 2017
20 July 2017
Good neighbours, resident organisations and local landlords have all been recognised for their outstanding service at the fourth annual Housing Heroes Awards from Southwark Council.
The Awards were handed out at a special ceremony on Wednesday 19 July at the council’s head office on Tooley Street.
Winners include Eileen Piper who was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for her 25 years dedicated service to the Brandon community; setting up the local youth group and organising events for pensioners and vulnerable people on the estate.
Cllr Stephanie Cryan, cabinet member for housing, said: “We are the largest social housing landlord in London with around 54,000 homes. Managing these and making sure they are good places to live would be much harder without the hard work and goodwill of a wide range of people.
“These homes are not just bricks and mortar but vibrant and diverse communities and the contribution our housing heroes make is immeasurable. These awards are our way of saying thank you.”
This year’s winners are:
- Neighbour of the Year – Fola Ogunkola
- Best Community Initiative – GLIM Mentoring
- Young Community Hero – Jamie Stanners
- Customer Service – Richard Geary
- Good Landlord – City of London Avondale Estate
- Outstanding TRA – Sceaux Gardens TRA
- Up and Coming TRA – Vauban Estate TRA
- Lifetime Achievement – Eileen Piper
- Star Tenant of the Year (South) – Michael Biosah
- Star Tenant of the Year (North) – Leila Malki
- Star Tenant of the Year (Central) – David Pickard
Page last updated: 20 July 2017