About South Dock Marina
South Dock Marina is located on the south side of the river Thames and is the only central London marina with an integral boatyard. The marina is spread across two converted commercial docks, South Dock and Greenland Dock.
Southwark owns and operates the marina and provides a modern marina facility within a tranquil setting of redeveloped docks and residential area.
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
- weekends and bank holidays 8am to 5pm
- leisure berths (70)
- residential berths (130)
- shower and toilet blocks (3)
- water and electric
- secure access
- utility and ironing room
- crane 20 tons
- broadband at the berth
- Wi-Fi (available to marina office visitors)
- fuel (appointment only at the fuel barge)
- sewage pump (at berth via pump out boat)
The marina has good transport links to the rest of London. All transport links are shown on the area map.
- bus - 199 (stops at Canada Water and Surrey Quays stations)
- tube - Surrey Quays (10 minutes walk) and Canada Water (15 minutes walk)
- water - Thames Clipper River bus from Greenland pier
- Dockland Light Railway (DLR) - Canary Wharf or Greenwich; can be accessed via the Jubilee line underground
You can also download the South Dock Marina area map (PDF, 659kb).
The marina is located in a residential district and is well served by local services, including:
- banks, cafes, laundrettes and shops (10 minutes walk)
- Surrey Quays Shopping Centre (15 minutes walk)
- entertainment and other services (within 30 minutes travel)
Page last updated: 06 November 2020