Southwark Council cabinet agreed Southwark’s first long-term housing strategy in January 2015. As it is now 2020, the council has taken the decision to update the housing strategy to reflect changes in national policy and to reflect other agreed changes such as commitments in the Council Plan 2018-22. This new draft strategy builds on the previous long term strategy, so the principles and commitments are broadly the same. However the principles have been refocused around our key values, affordability, quality, security and pride and responsibility. We've also included many new actions as we set out how we will deliver the strategy.
The council is currently consulting on our Housing Strategy 2020 until 1 April 2020. You can find more information on the council’s consultation hub.
The following housing strategy documents are available to download:
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 consultation draft - Full version (pdf, 654kb)
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 consultation draft - 2 page summary (pdf, 61kb)
- Summary of changes between the 2015 and 2020 draft housing strategy (pdf, 39kb)
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 consultation draft - Full version - Large font (pdf, 928kb)
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 consultation draft - 4 page summary - Large font (pdf, 64kb)
The following 2015 housing strategy documents are also available to download:
- Southwark housing strategy to 2043 (pdf, 2.7mb)
- Single page summary of the Southwark housing strategy (pdf, 50kb)
- Equality analysis of the Southwark housing strategy (pdf, 550kb)
- Southwark housing strategy cabinet report (pdf, 139kb)
Page last updated: 14 February 2020