Southwark Council cabinet agreed the Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 in December 2020. It covers all housing tenures. This strategy builds on the previous long term strategy. The principles and commitments have been refocused around our key values, affordability, quality, security and pride and responsibility. It sets out the actions we'll take to deliver the strategy.
The following housing strategy documents are available to download:
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 (PDF, 2.1mb)
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 - 2 page summary (PDF, 61kb)
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 - Large font (PDF, 928kb)
- Southwark Housing Strategy 2020 summary - Large font (PDF, 64kb)
You can also download the following housing strategy documents:
- Southwark housing key stats (PDF, 3.2mb)
- Equality analysis of the Southwark housing strategy (PDF, 1.2mb)
- Southwark housing strategy December 2020 cabinet report (PDF, 139kb)
The council plans to introduce the intermediate rent housing list in 2022. Until the list is operational any allocation of intermediate rent units should be made by the housing provider in accordance with the priorities in this Intermediate Rent Policy (PDF, 223kb).
The council has agreed an action plan (PDF, 460kb) to tackle empty homes in Southwark. The plan includes how the council will tackle these challenges using all powers available, and how it will campaign for further policy change in central government to allow local councils to take firmer action. This action plan was updated in November 2022 (PDF, 1.1mb)
Page last updated: 31 January 2023