Get election ready

The UK General Election is on 4 July.
You need valid photo ID to vote in person. Check your ID now.
If you don’t have valid ID, apply by 5pm on 26 June for a Voter Authority Certificate.  
Find out more about voting and elections in Southwark

When someone dies

When a homeowner of an ex-council property dies, we'll need some details about the person who has died and the property they were living in, so that we can update the information we send out about service charges.

The information you’ll need to provide

You’ll need to send us a copy of the death certificate and provide other information:

  • name of the person who has died
  • address of the property they owned
  • name of the solicitors or legal representative dealing with the Estate

Tell us that someone has died

Paying service charges when someone dies

When a council homeowner dies, we’ll still need to send service charge information to whoever is dealing with their Estate. The solicitor or legal representative should arrange to pay any service charges outstanding.

Please tell us where we should send future service charge information. You can upload a copy of the solicitor’s letter that confirms where we should send future service charge information or if you’ve been appointed the legal representative you can upload the legal document.  

If the property is left to someone else

Once the property has been legally transferred to another person, that new owner becomes responsible for paying the service charges.

Southwark Bereavement Support Service

Our Bereavement Support Service can help you by telling a number of different government departments and organisations about the death.

Find out how Southwark's Bereavement Support Service can help you.

Page last updated: 20 September 2019


Privacy settings