Get health and wellbeing advice at a health roadshow near you
Free events where you can get blood pressure and healthy weight checks on the day, plus advice on vaccines, diabetes, smoking, alcohol, mental health, cancer screening and more.
What you can expect at the health roadshow
We’re running this series of health roadshows across the borough together with the NHS South East London team and other local partners. The events will be in different parks, and locations with lots of visitors such as festivals, and be supported by our health and wellbeing van. If you’re 18 or over, come along to get advice to support your health and wellbeing.
There will be a range of advice across all the free events, where you’ll be able to:
- speak to health professionals about your wellbeing
- get your blood pressure and weight checked
- get advice on stopping smoking and help with alcohol, and support for your mental wellbeing
find out about preventing, and managing long-term conditions such as diabetes
- get advice on local screening for breast, bowel, cervical, lung and prostate cancer
- find out about local services that can help you, including leisure centres
When and where the health roadshow will be
Check each event listing for full details of dates, times, and what kind of advice and activities will be running. Just turn up on the day to get a check, and you don’t need to book.
Next events where you can visit the health roadshow:
- Saturday 10 February - Women's health promotion roadshow at St Peter's Church, 11am to 3pm, Liverpool Grove, London SE17 2HH
- Wednesday 14 February - Men's health promotion roadshow at Millwall Football Club, 4.30pm to 7.30pm, SE16 3LN
- Sunday 25 February - Women's health promotion roadshow at Astley Estate TRA Community Centre, 5pm to 9pm, 375 Old Kent Road London SE1 5JQ
- Tuesday 27 February - health roadshow visit at The Kingswood Arts Community Kitchen, 6pm to 8pm, Kingswood House, Seeley Drive, Southwark, SE21 8QN
- Thursday 29 February - health roadshow visit at Southwark Cost of Living Roadshow, 10am to 1pm, The Docklands Settlements Hall, 400 Salter Road, SE16 5AA
Free five-minute health check at a local library or leisure centre
If you cannot make it along to a roadshow and you’re over 16 you can check and monitor your height, weight, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure, heart rate and more at the free health check kiosks. You need an email address to use a kiosk.
The self-service kiosks are available at:
- Camberwell Library: 48 Camberwell Green, London, SE5 7AL
- Canada Water Library: 21 Surrey Quays Road, London, SE16 7AR
- Dulwich Library: 368 Lordship Lane, London, SE22 8NB
- Una Marson Library, 62 Thurlow Street, London, SE17 2GN
- The Castle Leisure Centre: 2 St Gabriel Walk, London. SE1 6FG
- The Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre: 10 Melon Road, Peckham, SE15 5QN
You don't need to book, just turn up and use them for free (check the individual website for opening times).
Find a local health kiosk on our map
Page last updated: 09 February 2024