Saving energy in the home

Private tenants and landlords

Landlord's energy saving allowance

Landlords who pay income tax and let residential property to tenants can also apply for the landlord's energy saving allowance. A deduction of up to £1,500 for income tax purposes is applicable for each building when you've installed:

  • cavity wall insulation
  • loft insulation
  • solid wall insulation
  • floor insulation

If you've carried out these works recently, you may still be able to make a claim.

Guidance on the landlord's energy saving allowance can be found in the notes for the land and property pages of your main self-assessment tax return, or read the energy efficiency partnership for homes guide (pdf, 160kb).

Page last updated: 22 August 2017

Privacy settings