Improvements to our website

We have made changes to our website to improve the way it looks and to give residents a better experience. You can find out more about this update here. 

If you ignore a Liability Order

Deductions from your benefits

We can apply to take money from the following benefits:

  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Pension Credit Guaranteed Credit

We’ll ask the Department for Work and Pensions to deduct money from your benefit. This is a set amount and it'll be taken from your benefit until your debt is paid. This amount deducted increases every year.

We can’t currently apply to take money from Universal Credit. If you receive Universal Credit, contact us to make an arrangement to pay your Council Tax

Request deductions from your benefit payments

Pay your Council Tax Make an arrangement to pay your Council Tax

Page last updated: 26 July 2023


Privacy settings