Eleanor Kelly was appointed as the council's permanent chief executive and statutory head of paid service in July 2012. Eleanor joined the council in an interim capacity in 2006, became deputy chief executive in September 2008 and was acting chief executive from February 2012. Her department is responsible for regeneration, planning, human resources and corporate strategy.
Eleanor has senior executive level experience in both public and private sectors, including substantial experience as Finance Director, Deputy Chief Executive and Chief Executive at Tower Hamlets Council, interim Chief Executive experience at Merton Council and management consultancy experience with KPMG.
Recognised by her professional accountancy institute as an expert in organisational management, for a number of years Eleanor acted as the national specialist examiner in this subject for the final year professional exams. She has held a number of non-executive directorships, most notably as a trustee of a charitable trust and as a non executive chairman of the board of directors for a private consultancy company.
Eleanor chairs the council's Chief Officer Team, which is made up of the council's strategic directors. The members of the Chief Officer Team are:
- Eleanor Kelly - Chief Executive
- David Quirke-Thornton - Strategic Director, Children's and Adults Services
- Michael Scorer - Strategic Director, Housing and Modernisation
- Caroline Bruce - Strategic Director, Environment and Leisure
- Duncan Whitfield - Strategic Director, Finance and Governance
- Kevin Fenton - Strategic Director of Place and Wellbeing
Page last updated: 24 May 2019