Adult social care complaints and compliments

More about your complaint

We'll consider a complaint under the Adults Social Care Complaints Policy from anyone who is receiving or has received services from Adult Social Care, and the services commissioned by Adult Social Care.

If you're making a complaint on behalf of somebody else, we'll likely need to contact them to ask for permission. Let us know if you have, for example, Lasting Power of Attorney over them.

Sometimes other organisations will have to handle the complaint, for example, the NHS and schools. If this is the case we'll let you know.

We usually cannot consider complaints if:

  • there's an ongoing police investigation
  • there are ongoing or impending court proceedings
  • there's another process in place to settle your specific dispute (for example a Tribunal)
  • reported events took place too long ago

Page last updated: 08 July 2024


Privacy settings