Childcare sufficiency assessment
Every local authority has a duty to ensure that there's sufficient childcare for working parents, or parents who are studying or training for employment. As part of this, we're required to report to elected council members on how we're meeting this duty, and to make this report available and accessible to parents.
Our 2019 Childcare Sufficiency Assessment is available here (pdf, 1.4mb).
The report includes information on:
- demand for childcare, including data on Southwark’s changing population and projected numbers of children in different parts of the borough
- supply of childcare, including the number of childcare providers and places
- funded early education, including take of free places for 2, 3 and 4 year old children
- quality of childcare, including Ofsted inspection outcomes
- early years outcomes for children
Page last updated: 24 February 2020