It is illegal to draw or paint graffiti on public or private property without permission. Those caught can be prosecuted and if found guilty can be fined up to £5,000.
We don’t remove graffiti from:
- bus shelters (contact Transport for London)
- telephone boxes (contact BT or call 0800 661610)
- railway bridges (contact Network Rail)
- electricity sub stations (contact UK Power Network)
We will remove graffiti if:
- it’s offensive; or
- it’s on property owned by the council
Graffiti on private property
If you’d like us to remove graffiti from your property, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page. We can only remove graffiti from private property if it faces the public highway and we have written permission from the property owner. This service is free of charge.
Last updated: 26 January 2017