Problems paying your service charges

If you’re having problems paying your service charges, please contact us straight away or call your account officer. Their contact details are shown on your invoice.  We may be able to make a suitable payment arrangement for you.

Contact us now

You can also get advice from the Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau. They‘re running a scheme, funded by Southwark council, to provide independent advice to leaseholders.

What happens if you don’t pay your service charges

Non-payment is a breach of the terms of your lease. You'll need to pay, or make an arrangement to pay, within one month of receiving an invoice.

  • If you don’t pay, or respond to reminders we send, we'll contact your mortgage company to inform them of the breach of lease.
  • If we still don’t receive payment, then we may issue court proceedings to recover the service charge debt.

If you’re challenging part of your service charges, we may not ask for payment of that part of the charge while the dispute is being looked at. However, you’ll still need to pay the other parts of your service charge bill.

Page last updated: 29 March 2018