There are some great local mapped walks, each with a different theme to explore with interesting facts along the way.
CoolWalks can enhance your physical and mental wellbeing. The beautiful CoolWalks brochure maps 12 walking routes and many interesting facts and pictures. If you stop at each point, the walks will entertain you for two or three hours or dip in and out to create your own route.
Each walk starts from a different Southwark library, where the brochure is available to borrow. You can also find dates for led CoolWalks in 2017.
Each library CoolWalk is also available individually:
- architecture and industry walk (pdf, 327kb) starting at Canada Water Library
- film locations walk (pdf, 393kb) starting at John Harvard Library
- myths and legends walk (pdf, 396kb) starting at Nunhead Library
- art, literature and green spaces walk (pdf, 362kb) starting at Peckham Library
- eccentric Dulwich walk (pdf, 330kb) starting at Dulwich Library
- flora and fauna walk (pdf, 346kb) starting at Kingswood Library
- regeneration walk (pdf, 382kb) starting at East Street Library
- rebels and revolutionaries walk (pdf, 352kb) starting at Brandon Library
- country to council estates walk (pdf, 318kb) starting at Grove Vale Library
- freedom Walk (pdf, 341kb) starting at Camberwell Library
- war in Walworth walk (pdf, 372kb) starting at Newington Library
- food, fresh air and fun walk (pdf, 320kb) starting at Blue Anchor Library
For more information:
Other theme walks
Page last updated: 25 August 2017