Once we've assessed your support needs and identified that you meet the criteria for support from us, we'll develop a Support Plan with you. For more information on the assessment criteria we use, see our can we help with your support needs page.
We'll work with you and anyone that supports you (including an advocate if you have one) to create your Support Plan.
Your Support Plan will reflect your individual wishes, needs and aspirations. The Support Plan will include:
- what you need help with (your support needs)
- what support could help to meet your support needs
- what you want to achieve with the support (your goals), for example you'd like help to do the shopping or emotional support
Your Support Plan will also include:
- any support which is being paid for by us
- support provided by your relatives, friends or others
- information on ways you can keep as independent, active and healthy as possible
For more information on how we can help with your support needs, see our how we can support you page.
Support Plan reviews
Your support needs may change. To make sure that you get the right support at the right time we will review your Support Plan within the first three months and at least once a year from then onwards. The review may result in a change to your support.
We may adapt your Support Plan (and also your personal budget) to take into account the support market place. This may mean that you won’t always receive the same level, or type, of support.
You will find on this page under ‘documents’ a leaflet that provides information about support for carers in Southwark. You can download and print the leaflet.
Page last updated: 13 May 2022