Keeping you safe during COVID-19
The situation may change at short notice, due to further government guidance.
The Thomas Calton Centre is now open, we’re currently available:
- Monday and Wednesday, 9.30am to 9pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 9.30am to 5pm
- Friday the centre will be closed. You can still contact us online and by calling 07394 410750 or 07394 410749 for course and skill assessment related enquiries
Now we are open there are measures in place to make you feel safe and to welcome you to Thomas Calton Centre. The safety of learners, visitors and staff remains our priority.
There will be:
- arrangements for social distancing within the centre
- clear signage to help you move around the centre safely
- changes to the layout of classrooms and specialist rooms (workshop, pottery etc) to achieve social distancing
- smaller class sizes
- PPE (personal protective equipment) available where appropriate
- staggered start and finish times and a restructuring the timetable
- more frequent cleaning and hygiene measures.
- more courses offered online
- changes to the way in which you enrol/visit the centre
- wearing of a face covering will be mandatory when visiting the centre, unless there are mitigating circumstances (if you have a respiratory or other health condition)
- asking students/visitor and staff not to come to the centre if they have any symptoms of Coronavirus
Further details will be sent to each student before they begin a course.
Page last updated: 23 April 2021