Fitness, wellbeing and dance
Who the courses are for
Anyone wishing to try a new way of keeping in shape using ballet-based exercises and lyrical movement to strengthen the whole body and achieve greater flexibility.
The Pod Studio
Thomas Calton Centre
What you'll learn
- practical and achievable ways to improve personal fitness levels
- the benefits of ballet-based exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle
- how to improve stamina
- how to strengthen and stretch specific muscle groups
- how to exercise safely and effectively
How courses are taught
Each session is tutor-led and is fully participative, consisting of a warm-up, muscle strengthening exercises, and a stretch and relaxation section. There will be opportunities to ask questions and discuss progress with your tutor. The tutor will observe you throughout to ensure that you work safely.
Materials you'll need
- comfortable clothes preferably trousers or tights
- a bottle of water
- soft shoes
After the course
You will be able to apply the knowledge and skills that you have learned to your everyday life and take increased responsibility for your own health and fitness.
Other fitness courses are available with SALS and other providers.
How to enrol
Days and times
Course code and start date
Ballet based fitness
Page last updated: 20 September 2021