Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
Wyndham Road Redcar Street SE5
A residential mixed tenure development with the re-provision of Brandon Baptist Centre, Finley Court and Carey Court.
- to be procured
- the Wyndham Redcar project remains part of the council’s commitment to build 11,000 new council homes by 2043
- this scheme was part of Lot B of the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme which was awarded to Clarion Housing Group to deliver 606 new homes (including 285 council and 94 intermediate), 4,132m2 of commercial space and community facilities including a new church, a community gallery, workspace and new community hall across 10 sites; however, despite the best efforts of both parties, it became clear that the programme could not be delivered as contracted, and following several meetings between officers from both organisations, it was mutually agreed that it was in both parties’ interests to terminate the agreement
- the termination of the agreement between Clarion and Southwark Council was finalised on 22 January 2019
- members of the project steering group were consulted with at a relaunch meeting in April 2019
- Issue 01 of a newsletter was circulated to residents and local stakeholders in January 2019, providing a project update, and can be viewed here (pdf, 120kb)
- Newsletter Issue 02 of the newsletter circulated to residents and local stakeholders in April 2019 can be viewed here (pdf, 27kb)
- Newsletter Issue 03 can be viewed here (pdf, 43kb) - a public consultation event was held on 22/05/2019 at Brandon Baptist Church from 4pm to 8pm
- Newsletter Issue 04 can be viewed here (pdf, 65kb)
Project Steering Group
A resident and stakeholder group set up by the council where a development takes place on or bordering a council estate. Its purpose is for the council to hold meaningful consultation with effective participation in the design development with a group of stakeholders/local residents. The group are considered to be representatives of the area and speak on behalf of the residents/stakeholders impacted by the development.
The PSG was reconvened on 10/04/2019 following a change of management.
A further PSG meeting was held on the 29/05/2019 to follow up from the public consultation.
Please see newsletter links for further information or contact details.
Page last updated: 20 January 2020