Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
Wyndham Road Redcar Street SE5
A residential mixed tenure development with the re-provision of Brandon Baptist Church, Finley Court and Carey Court.
- Clarion Housing Group
- Conran & Partners
- a feasibility study by Levitt Bernstein Architects showed 124 new homes could be delivered on the site, of which 42 would be a re-provision
- the council held their first public consultation in October presenting a draft proposal
- the council began a tender exercise to procure a development partner to deliver Lot B
- the council held a second public consultation in April incorporating resident feedback
- in April Clarion Housing Group entered into a partnership arrangement with the council to deliver Lot B
- in November the council held a public meeting to introduce the development team and talk about the way forward and how we will consult with local residents and stakeholders
- a copy of the public meeting presentation and points raised can be found below
- the Wyndham Redcar project remains part of the Council’s commitment to build 11,000 new council homes by 2043
- this scheme was part of Lot B of the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme which was awarded to Clarion Housing Group to deliver 606 new homes (including 285 council and 94 intermediate), 4,132m2 of commercial space and community facilities including a new church, a community gallery, workspace and new community hall across 10 sites. However, despite the best efforts of both parties, it became clear that the programme could not be delivered as contracted. Following several meetings between officers from both organisations, it was mutually agreed that it was in both parties’ interests to terminate the agreement.
- the termination of the agreement between Clarion and Southwark Council was finalised on 22 January 2019
- members of the project steering group will be emailed with details for a relaunch meeting in February/March 2019
- the council will be relaunching the project with a consultation event in late February/early March 2019
- Issue 01 of a newsletter was circulated to residents and local stakeholders in January 2019, providing a project update, and can be viewed here (pdf, 120kb)
Project Steering Group
A resident and stakeholder group set up by the council where a development takes place on or bordering a council estate. Its purpose is for the council/development partner to hold meaningful consultation with effective participation in the design development with a group of stakeholders/local residents. The group must be representative and speak on behalf of the residents/stakeholders impacted by the development.
- set up a Project Steering Group with a 1st meeting in January 2018
- hold a number of focus group meetings with the architects
- hold public consultations to present proposal ideas and capture resident/ stakeholder feedback
- work towards a planning submission by Autumn 2018
A meeting took place on 13 November 2017 at Brandon Baptist church to update local residents on the regeneration proposals and how consultation will take place over the course of the development. Take a look at the presentation here (pdf, 225kb).
See the feedback from the event here (pdf, 319kb).
Page last updated: 18 February 2019