Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
We have the largest council home building programme anywhere in the country, combined with:
- record investment in bringing our existing council homes up to a decent standard
- securing the second highest number of new affordable homes through the planning system of any council in England
No other borough is as committed to tackling the housing crisis and investing in social housing as we are. We have an ambitious target to deliver 11,000 new council homes by 2043 with first 1,600 complete, on-site or with planning in place by end of 2018.
We'll deliver our target through a combination of:
- in-fill development on our existing estates
- purchasing directly from developers
- developing land that we own through the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
As part of the council's commitment to build 11,000 new council homes by 2043, the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme (SRPP) aims to provide new homes, improved public facilities and employment opportunities for local people through development partnerships.
Significant progress has been made in the procurement of development partners and public consultation. This will continue and we expect some schemes to be on site by the end of 2018 with completion due by 2020.
Page last updated: 05 September 2019