Revised CIL Charging Schedule
The revised CIL charging schedule was brought into effect on 1 December 2017 to ensure that the council can secure sufficient funding for infrastructure to support growth in the Old Kent Road Opportunity Area, including the Bakerloo Line extension in the Old Kent Road area.
You can download the Revised CIL Charging Schedule (pdf, 327kb) here.
The revision includes amending the boundary between CIL zones 2 and 3 so that the whole of the Old Kent Road Opportunity Area falls within zone 2 and all residential development pays a rate of £218 per square metre; and increasing the existing CIL rates in line with the All-in-Tender Price Index, as provided for in the CIL Regulations.
We consulted on the revised Draft Charging Schedule and Regulation 123 List between 30 January and 13 March 2017.
We submitted the revised Draft Charging Schedule for examination on 25 May 2017 and appointed Terrence J Kemmann-Lane, JP DipTP FRTPI MCMI to undertake the examination. The examination hearing took place on 26 July. On 23 August the examiner submitted his report which you can view and download by clicking the link below. The council plans reported the Revised CIL Charging Schedule to cabinet on 31 October and to council assembly on 29 November.
Download the Core document library (pdf, 9kb) list of examination documents here.
You can view and download the draft revised charging schedule and the examination documents below. Hard copies of these documents are available to view at the council’s offices at 160 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QH. The offices are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please contact the council to arrange an appointment if you wish to view the hard copies - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Southwark revised CIL Examination report 23 Aug 2017 (pdf, 329kb)
- council’s letter to examiner dated 3 July 2017 – definition of nomination - student housing (pdf, 36kb)
- Council's opening statement (pdf, 53kb)
- Council letter to the examiner dated 24 July 2017 (pdf, 26kb)
- Regulation 19 (1) (b) Statement of Consultation (May 2017) (pdf, 3.6mb)
- Statement of Consultation Appendix F - representations (pdf, 256kb)
- Draft CIL Charging Schedule - Regulation 19 (1) (c) representations (pdf, 12.4mb)
- Draft CIL Charging Schedule - Submission report (May 2017) (pdf, 2.2mb)
- Letter from examiner received 12 June 2017 (pdf, 20kb)
- Council's response (pdf, 125kb)
- Infrastructure plan (May 2017)
- Draft Revised Charging Schedule (Jan 2017) (pdf, 738kb)
- Draft Regulation 123 List (pdf, 94kb)
- Background Paper (pdf, 734kb)
- Old Kent Road Viability Study (pdf, 4.7mb)
- Old Kent Road Viability Study Appendices (pdf, 3.1mb)
- Viability Study – “small site 5” base position (current adopted CIL rate) (pdf, 10kb)
- Viability Study – “small site 5” 2017 (proposed revised CIL rate) (pdf, 42kb)
- Presentation on Old Kent Road Viability data (pdf, 1.9mb)
- Consultation Plan (pdf, 447kb)
- Equalities Analysis (pdf, 326kb)
If you have any questions or need more information, contact us at CIL.S106@southwark.gov.uk.
Page last updated: 27 June 2019