SPD by area
Blackfriars Road SPD
The Blackfriars Road Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) (pdf, 1.7mb) was adopted in January 2014 provides guidance on implementing existing policies in the London Plan, Core Strategy and saved Southwark Plan.
A number of new developments have been built, with more under construction and others being planned. Due to the scale of growth proposed, it is important to make sure that development takes place in a coordinated way and that Blackfriars Road reaches its potential as a destination with its own distinct character and identity.
Further information about new developments and specific schemes along Blackfriars Road, about how we manage and coordinate construction and on training and job opportunities linked to development, is available on our Blackfriars Road page.
You can download the SPD supporting documents below:
- Adoption statement for Blackfriars Road SPD (pdf, 82kb)
- Appropriate assessment (pdf, 301kb)
- Consultation report (pdf, 369kb)
- Consultation report appendices A-1 (pdf, 9.6mb)
- Equalities analysis (pdf, 396kb)
- Sustainability appraisal (pdf, 5mb)
- Sustainability statement (pdf, 161kb)
Page last updated: 06 November 2017