New Southwark Plan Examination
We're now consulting on the main modifications to the New Southwark Plan.
Consultation is open from 6 August to 24 September 2021.
How to comment:
Visit our consultation hub to fill out an online questionnaire
Write to Planning Policy, Southwark Council, PO BOX 64529, London SE1P 5LX
Call 020 7525 5403 if you have any queries
As with the previous consultations, at this stage we are required to ask whether the plan is legal and meets the “Tests of Soundness”. More information can be found below.
At this stage comments can only be made on the proposed main modifications to the draft plan, not the full draft plan as submitted. When submitting your comments, please make clear which main modification(s) you are commenting on. The council’s proposed changes to the submitted New Southwark Plan (August 2020) and other examination documents can be viewed on Chapter 4: Examination documents
- EIP219 - Main Modifications to the New Southwark Plan (pdf, 3.1mb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 1 - Key Diagram Updates (pdf, 52.5mb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 2 - MM29 Residential design - Aylesbury space standards (pdf, 222kb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 3 - Policy P47 Figure 7 map school exclusion zones (pdf, 394kb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 4 - Cycle and car parking tables 10-12 (pdf, 275kb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 5 - Annex 2 Housing Trajectory (pdf, 891kb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 6 - Annex 4 NSP Monitoring Framework (pdf, 307kb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 7 - Annex 5 - AAP policies and sites replaced by NSP (pdf, 264kb)
- EIP219 - Main Modifications - Appendix 8 - Area Vision Maps (pdf, 6.2mb)
- EIP220 - NSP Schedule of Changes to Policies Map (pdf, 166mb)
- EIP188a - Council's response to Final Action List Part 1 Hearings (updated 10 August 2021) (pdf, 752kb)
- EIP224 - Integrated Impact Assessment Report and Appendices (July 2021) (pdf, 13mb)
- EIP225a - Equalities Impact Assessment summary (June 2021) (pdf, 762kb)
- EIP225b - Equalities Impact Assessment Full Assessment (June 2021) (pdf, 2.7mb)
- EIP225c - Equalities Impact Assessment Appendices (June 2021) (pdf, 1.4mb)
- EIP237 - Directors Report - NSP Main Modifications (pdf, 262kb)
- EIP238 - Additional modifications to the New Southwark Plan (pdf, 783kb)
- EIP238 - Additional Modifications - Appendix 1 - Contents Page (pdf, 335kb)
- EIP238 - Additional Modifications - Appendix 2 - P52 Figure 9 Southwark Cycle Spine (pdf, 325kb)
- EIP238 - Additional Modifications - Appendix 3 - Annex 3 Policies Map Schedule (pdf, 521kb)
- EIP239 - Consultation Plan (pdf, 458kb)
Main modifications and additional modifications
Main modifications are material changes to the submitted plan which are necessary to make it sound and legally compliant. “Additional modifications” (minor modifications) are proposed non-consequential amendments to the Plan not necessary for soundness. This consultation is seeking comments only relating to the main modifications however additional modifications are also published above.
Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA)
The IIA is a document that assesses sustainability, equalities and health and how the policies proposed in the NSP will have on the different growth scenarios. The council undertakes an IIA for all policy documents which is reviewed and monitored throughout the plan preparation process. As a result of the main and minor amendments, the IIA has been updated.
What will happen after this consultation?
All comments will be made public and will be submitted to the Inspectors following this consultation. The Inspectors will then consider the responses and prepare a report for the council around Autumn 2021. The final New Southwark Plan will then be adopted by the council. This is a decision taken by all councillors at Council Assembly.
Page last updated: 16 August 2021