Environment and sustainability
Open space and biodiversity
The following background papers, studies and documents support our approach to open and green spaces and sites of importance for nature conservation (SINCs) in our policies in our development plan.
Southwark open space strategy
The open space strategy sets out a vision and objectives for the borough and identifies key needs and priorities for the different types of open space. The strategy also sets standards of open space for each type of open space and highlights the key priorities for investment and improvement.
The strategy is accompanied by an evidence base document which sets out how the strategy has been developed based on the local needs and existing provision of open space in Southwark.
- Open space strategy (2013) (pdf, 7.2mb)
- Open space strategy evidence base report (2013) (part 1 of 2) (pdf, 10.4mb)
- Open space strategy evidence base report (2013) (part 2 of 2) (pdf, 9mb)
The following background papers provide a rationale for our adopted and emerging planning polices and guidance for (SINCs) and open and green space designations:
- Core strategy SINC background paper (2010) (pdf, 2.4mb)
- Canada Water AAP SINCs background paper (2011) (pdf, 7.8mb)
- Peckham and Nunhead AAP open spaces background paper (2013) (pdf, 1.8mb)
- Peckham and Nunhead AAP SINCs background paper (2013) (pdf, 12.8mb)
Page last updated: 16 October 2019