Design, heritage and character
Tall buildings, visual impact assessments and density
Our tall buildings studies assess the impact of tall buildings across the borough and were prepared to support the policies in the adopted the Aylesbury area action plan (2010), the Core Strategy (2011) and the draft Bankside, Borough and London Bridge (BBLB) SPD.
There is a supplementary study on the approach to suburban densities in the neighbourhoods of Rotherhithe and Dulwich for the core strategy density policy. This can be found below with the other core strategy documents. You can find out more about our approach to residential density in our housing evidence base section.
Aylesbury area action plan
- Visual impact assessment background paper (2009) part 1 of 2 (pdf, 928kb)
- Visual impact assessment background paper (2009) part 1 of 2 (pdf, 994kb)
- Borough-wide tall buildings research paper (2010) (pdf, 2.1mb)
- Borough-wide tall buildings background paper (2010) (pdf, 298kb)
- Density in Rotherhithe and East Dulwich (2010) (pdf, 6.8mb)
Bankside, Borough and London Bridge (BBLB) opportunity area
- BBLB opportunity area stage 1 research paper (2010) (pdf, 2.7mb)
- BBLB opportunity area stage 2 tall buildings study paper (2010) (pdf, 4.7mb)
Page last updated: 21 November 2018