Neighbourhood planning in Southbank and Waterloo
South Bank and Waterloo Neighbours (SoWN) submitted their Draft Neighbourhood Plan to Lambeth and Southwark on 19 June 2018. Both authorities have considered the legal compliance of the submitted documents and made a decision to proceed to publication and examination. The Neighbourhood Plan is in the final stage of preparation before it goes into examination. The document below details Southwark's reponse to SoWN's Neighbourhood Plan Consultation.
- LB Southwark SOWN NP examination response (pdf, 410kb)
The document below details SOWN's response to Lambeth and Southwark's Regulation 16 representations:
- SoWN examination statement final April 2019 (pdf, 229kb)
Examination of the Draft South Bank and Waterloo Neighbourhood Plan
Mr Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC has been appointed to undertake the independent examination of the draft South Bank and Waterloo Neighbourhood Plan which has commenced.
The Inspector’s Report has now been received and can be found here (pdf, 244kb) . The Inspector has provided recommendations within his report and now a referendum will follow. Accordingly the Neighbourhood Plan has gone beyond “little weight” and is gathering strength as a consideration. It has yet to reach being given “considerable” or “substantial” weight. The recommendations made can be given a growing weight and the position will become clearer after the Referendum.
Lambeth is the lead authority and all of the papers can be found on their website at the following link, see here.
Re-designation of the South Bank and Waterloo Neighbours (SoWN) Neighbourhood Forum
Southwark Council is consulting jointly with the London Borough of Lambeth on the re-designation of the South Bank and Waterloo Neighbours (SoWN) Neighbourhood Forum.
Once designated, the forum will have the power to produce neighborhood plan which offers statutory planning guidance in making planning decision on planning applications within the designated area. SoWN has produced a Draft Neighbourhood Plan and was consulted on between 8 November and 20 December 2018.
SoWN will now consult on the re-designation of its Neighbouhood Forum Status which will last for 7 weeks between Thursday 20 December 2018 to Thursday 7 February 2019.
How to respond
SoWN's Neighbourhood Forum application can be viewed below. Hard copies of the documentation are available at Southwark Council (160 Tooley Street, London, SE1P 5LX) between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- SoWN NP form renewal IDM report final (pdf, 116kb)
- Appendix A Neighbourhood Forum Re Application to Southwark (pdf, 299kb)
- Appendix B CONSTITUTION CIO (pdf, 275kb)
- Appendix C Designated SoWN Area April 2014 (pdf, 289kb)
- Appendix D Steering Group Membership October 2018 (pdf, 161kb)
- Appendix E 2018 Renewal Statement (pdf, 172kb)
Comments on the Re-designation of the Neighbourhood Forum can be made in the following ways:
- by emailing the Planning Policy inbox: email@example.com
- via the Consultation Hub at https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk
- in writing: Planning Policy, London Borough of Southwark, 5th Floor, Hub 2, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1P 5
Comments must be received by 7 February 2019.
Page last updated: 03 July 2019