Neighbourhood planning in Southbank and Waterloo
South Bank and Waterloo Neighbours (SoWN) submitted their Draft Neighbourhood Plan to Lambeth and Southwark on 19 June 2018. Both authorities have considered the legal compliance of the submitted documents and made a decision to proceed to publication and examination. View the Southwark decision taken on 23 October 2018.
Re-designation of the South Bank and Waterloo Neighbours (SoWN) Neighbourhood Forum
Southwark Council is consulting jointly with the London Borough of Lambeth on the re-designation of the South Bank and Waterloo Neighbours (SoWN) Neighbourhood Forum.
Once designated, the forum will have the power to produce neighborhood plan which offers statutory planning guidance in making planning decision on planning applications within the designated area. SoWN has produced a Draft Neighbourhood Plan and was consulted on between 8 November and 20 December 2018.
SoWN will now consult on the re-designation of its Neighbouhood Forum Status which will last for 7 weeks between Thursday 20 December 2018 to Thursday 7 February 2019.
How to respond
SoWN's Neighbourhood Forum application can be viewed below. Hard copies of the documentation are available at Southwark Council (160 Tooley Street, London, SE1P 5LX) between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- SoWN NP form renewal IDM report final (pdf, 116kb)
- Appendix A Neighbourhood Forum Re Application to Southwark (pdf, 299kb)
- Appendix B CONSTITUTION CIO (pdf, 275kb)
- Appendix C Designated SoWN Area April 2014 (pdf, 289kb)
- Appendix D Steering Group Membership October 2018 (pdf, 161kb)
- Appendix E 2018 Renewal Statement (pdf, 172kb)
Comments on the Re-designation of the Neighbourhood Forum can be made in the following ways:
- emailing the Planning Policy Inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via the Consultation Hub at https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk
- in writing: Planning Policy, London Borough of Southwark, 5th Floor, Hub 2, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1P 5
Comments must be received by 7 February 2019.
Page last updated: 20 December 2018