NSP: Additional information
You can find out more information about the different parts of the New Southwark Plan previously consulted on, including their supporting documents, below.
New and Amended preferred option policies consultation
Following previous rounds of consultation (see below for more information) the council consulted on a set of new and amended policies for the preferred option stage of the New Southwark Plan between June to September 2017. This 'interim' consultation set out:
- new and amended planning policies including a social regeneration policy, new housing policies (including affordable housing), business and employment policies and car parking policies
- new and amended site allocations
- a new area vision for Crystal Palace and Gipsy Hill
You can view and download the supporting documents below:
- Cabinet report (pdf, 180kb)
- Integrated impact assessment, including equalities impact assessment and health impact assessment (pdf, 449kb)
- Consultation plan (pdf, 256kb)
- Consultation report on the New Southwark Plan consultation so far (pdf, 300kb)
- Habitats regulations assessment (pdf, 108kb)
Area visions and site allocations preferred option consultation
We consulted on an initial set of area visions and site allocations (pdf, 15.6mb) between February to July 2017. You can view and download the supporting documents to the draft Area Visions and Site Allocations below, and view and download the cabinet report under item 13 on this page.
- Site Allocations methodology paper (pdf, 153kb)
- Integrated Impact Assessment, including the health impact assessment and equalities impact assessment (pdf, 1.4mb)
- Consultation Plan (pdf, 76kb)
- Consultation report on comments on sites and visions received during the preferred option consultation on the policies of the New Southwark Plan (pdf, 953kb)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (pdf, 169kb)
Area Visions provide the strategic vision for the future of Southwark’s distinct places and neighbourhoods. They set out key infrastructure enhancements, opportunities for public realm and transport improvements and growth opportunities for new homes and jobs. Area Visions also identify the prevailing character of different places to be renewed, retained or enhanced. Development proposals should be formulated in the context of the relevant Area Vision and should demonstrate how they contribute towards realising the strategic vision for that area.
As part of this draft of the plan, we consulted on Area Visions for:
- Bankside and The Borough
- Blackfriars Road
- East Dulwich
- Elephant and Castle
- Herne Hill and North Dulwich
- London Bridge
- Old Kent Road
Following this consultation, we consulted on a new Area Vision for Crystal Palace and Gipsy Hill as part of the “new and amended policies” consultation (see above).
Note on Old Kent Road Area Vision
The detailed Area Vision for the Old Kent Road is being prepared separately through an Area Action Plan (AAP). The Area Vision contained in this consultation is based on the vision and detailed proposals presented in the AAP Preferred Option Version which was consulted on from June to November 2016. The council will consider all consultation responses which were received in this previous stage of consultation in preparing an updated vision.
Site Allocations are planning policies which apply to key potential development sites. Site Allocations set out the land uses that must be provided as part of any redevelopment, alongside other acceptable land uses that may be provided in addition to the required land uses. For example, Site Allocations may specify that development must provide new public open space, new public access routes, and new health or education facilities.
New Southwark Plan preferred option policies consultation
We consulted on the preferred option draft of the policies in the New Southwark Plan between October 2015 and February 2016. You can find the draft policies document (pdf, 1.7mb) here and the supporting appendices and documents below. You can find the cabinet report agreeing to go out for consultation on the plan here.
New developments proposed in the borough need to meet the requirements set out in our planning policies. This needs to be demonstrated in the various documents submitted as part of a planning application. The council makes a decision on whether to approve or refuse planning permission for the new development. This decision is informed by whether the proposed development meets the requirements set out in our planning policies.
Our studies and documents used to support our policies and plans can be found in the evidence base section.
You can find supporting appendices for the preferred option version of the New Southwark Plan below:
- NSP PO Appendix 1 Southwark Council strategies/link to related NSP policies consultation v1 (pdf, 59kb)
- NSP PO Appendix 2 Town centre boundaries consultation version (pdf, 1.5mb)
- NSP PO Appendix 3 Protected shopping frontages consultation version (pdf, 8.3mb)
- NSP PO Appendix 4 New open spaces consultation version (pdf, 2.2mb)
- NSP PO Appendix 5 SINCs consultation version (pdf, 2.3mb)
- NSP PO Appendix 6 Cycle and car parking standards consultation version (pdf, 147kb)
- NSP PO Appendix 7 Plan monitoring targets consultation version (pdf, 99kb)
- NSP PO Appendix 8 part 1 APZs class I consultation version (pdf, 9.8mb)
- NSP PO Appendix 8 part 2 APZs class II consultation version part 1 of 3 (pdf, 9.7mb)
- NSP PO Appendix 8 part 2 APZs class II consultation version part 2 of 3 (pdf, 9.1mb)
- NSP PO Appendix 8 part 2 APZs class II consultation version part 3 of 3 (pdf, 3.3mb)
- NSP PO glossary for consultation (pdf, 70kb)
- Policy comparison table FINAL V2 (pdf, 116kb)
- Southwark vision areas bubble map Jan 2016-1 (pdf, 240kb)
Supporting documents for the policies of the preferred option version
You can find supporting documents for the preferred option version of the New Southwark Plan below:
- NSP options consultation report (pdf, 1.2mb)
- NSP preferred option consultation plan (pdf, 127kb)
- Integrated impact assessment New Southwark Plan PO and appendix (pdf, 195kb)
- NSP PO IIA appendix 2 part 1 of 2-1 (pdf, 2.1mb)
- NSP PO IIA appendix 2 part 2 of 2 (pdf, 2.2mb)
- NSP PO IIA appendix 3 (pdf, 400kb)
- Draft validations checklist assessments list (pdf, 54kb)
Page last updated: 07 March 2019