Current and previous versions of OKR AAP
Agreement with the GLA on the Phased Release of Strategic Industrial Land (2018)
Southwark Council and the GLA, by exchange of letter, have confirmed an agreed approach to the phased release of Strategic Industrial Land for mixed use development. This would include a range of commercial uses including distribution and light industrial uses in the Old Kent Road Opportunity Area. These letters and associated plans are available to view below.
The draft Old Kent Road AAP, the New Southwark Plan and the draft New London Plan would still need to be subject to an Examination in Public (EiP) and approval of the Secretary of State before they become the adopted development plan position. It should also be noted that there have been a number of objections to the proposed release of industrial land from third parties, which would need to be considered at the EiP.
- Letter from Southwark to GLA 3 September 2018 (pdf, 232kb)
- Adopted SIL map 1 (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Adopted SIL map 1 - aerial (pdf, 663kb)
- Proposed SIL map 2 (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Proposed SIL map 2 - aerial (pdf, 666kb)
- Letter from GLA to Southwark 17 September 2018 (pdf, 57kb)
- Phasing plan (pdf, 2.2mb)
Page last updated: 27 May 2021