Old Kent Road
Draft Old Kent Road Area Action Plan Consultation
Southwark Council would like to invite you to the next Old Kent Road Forum on Saturday 20 October. The theme for this forum will be Transport.
Date: Saturday 20 October
Time: 11am to 1pm
Address: Christ Church Peckham, 676-680 Old Kent Road, SE15 1JF
With ward councillors - Evelyn Akoto, Michael Situ and Richard Livingstone and Johnson Situ (Cabinet Member for Growth, Development and Planning).
More details on the event will follow shortly.
Please come along to find out more about the development schemes in Old Kent Road.
Help bring the Bakerloo line to south east London. Sign up to show your support and make it happen!
The council consulted on a further draft of the Old Kent Road Area Action Plan (pdf, 141.3mb) from 13 December 2017 to 21 March 2018. The plan has been prepared in response to the feedback received during the previous rounds of consultation to ensure that all residents, business owners and other interested people have the opportunity to comment on the plan and the policies before the ‘proposed submission’ stage.
You can find out more information about the draft plan here.
Locations to view documents
Hard copies of the further preferred option will be available to view in the following locations from 22 December 2017.
Libraries (opening times listed individually below)
- Blue Anchor Library Market Place, Southwark Park Road, SE16 3UQ (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 7pm, Friday 10am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm)
- Brandon Library Maddock Way, Cooks Road, SE17 3NH (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 2pm to 7pm, Friday 10am to 3pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm)
- Camberwell Library 48 Camberwell Green, SE5 7AL (Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 12pm to 4pm)
- Canada Water Library 21 Surrey Quays Road, SE16 7AR (Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 12am to 4pm)
- Dulwich Library 368 Lordship Lane, SE22 8NB (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 8pm, Tuesday 10am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 12pm to 4pm)
- East Street Library 168-170 Old Kent Road, SE1 5TY (Monday, Tuesday and Friday 2pm to 7pm, Thursday 10am to 3pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm)
- Grove Vale Library 25-27 Grove Vale, SE22 8EQ (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 2pm to 5pm, Friday 10am to 3pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm)
- John Harvard Library 211 Borough High Street, SE1 1JA (Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 12pm to 4pm)
- Kingswood Library Seeley Drive, SE21 8QR (Monday and Thursday 10am to 2pm, Tuesday & Friday 2pm to 6pm, Saturday 1pm to 5pm)
- Newington Temporary Library Elephant Artworks – Second Floor, Elephant Road, SE17 1LB (Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 12pm to 4pm)
- Nunhead Library Gordon Road, SE15 3RW (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 2pm to 7pm, Wednesday 10am to 3 pm, Friday 10am to 3pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm)
- Peckham Library 122 Peckham Hill Street, SE15 5JR (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 8pm, Wednesday 10am to 8pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm, Sunday 12pm to 4pm)
My Southwark service points
- Peckham My Southwark customer service point 122 Peckham Hill Street, London, SE15 5JR
- Walworth My Southwark customer service point 376 Walworth Road, London, SE17 2NG
- 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH
How have we consulted so far
The council sought early engagement with the local businesses, residents, community and special interest groups and wider stakeholders from 2013. Find out how we engaged with the local community during the early stages of AAP preparation.
The first ‘preferred option’ draft of the Old Kent Road Area Action Plan/Opportunity Area Planning Framework was prepared during 2015/16 and published for consultation in June 2016. Find out how we consulted on the first draft of the plan. The public consultation period on the first preferred option draft of the plan closed in November 2016. We prepared a summary of the key issues raised though the consultation (pdf, 414kb) undertaken during this time.
Several new and amended policies and site allocations were consulted on between June to September 2017. Find out how we consulted on the set of new and amended policies.
Following the consultation on this further draft, we will carefully consider all the feedback received. We will then make any required amendments to the plan and publish and consult on the proposed submission version. Following the proposed submission version consultation, we will be submitting the plan to the Secretary of State for public examination.
Page last updated: 04 October 2018