Edward III’s Rotherhithe
The Edward III’s Rotherhithe Conservation Area is situated south of the borough boundary between Southwark and Tower Hamlets in the middle of the River Thames and north of the Registered Park and Garden of Southwark Park. The conservation area contains the Scheduled Monument of Edward III’s Manor House and open land to the north and east of this nationally important archaeological site. The conservation area is characterised by open spaces, clear of trees, on the river front and the scheduled monument. In other areas such as King’s Stairs Gardens and to the east of Fulford Street, the south of Paradise Street and east of Cathay Street, the conservation area is heavily wooded and characterised by mounded and articulated land forms. The layout of the small number of roads in the conservation area generally dates from before 1800, although the buildings fronting the roads date from throughout the 19th and 20th centuries.
You can view our interactive map of Edward III’s Rotherhithe conservation area.
Edward III's Rotherhithe - designated 1 February 2011
- Edward III’s Rotherhithe conservation area appraisal (pdf, 305kb)
- London Gazette February 2011 (pdf, 195kb)
- London Gazette November 2015 (pdf, 6.2mb)
Page last updated: 11 November 2021