Report a Dangerous structure
Any structure which could endanger somebody because of its condition needs to be reported to us. This includes buildings or parts of buildings (eg loose slates, tiles, garden walls, fences and hoardings).
How to report a dangerous structure
Please call us Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on any of the following contact numbers:
- 020 7525 5397
- 020 7525 5582
- 020 7525 5596
- or 0845 600 1285 (find out more about call charges) outside normal working hours
Please tell us:
- the address of the danger
- a description of what you consider to be dangerous and it's location
- any information known about the site ownership or access
- your name and contact number so that we can advise you of the action taken (optional)
We have statutory duties to deal with dangerous structures under the London Local Authorities Act 2000 and the London Building Acts (Amendment) Act 1939, to ensure that all structures within the borough which are considered dangerous are made safe with the shortest possible delay.
Buildings can become dangerous at any time and for a variety of reasons ranging from settlement or old age, vehicle impact, vandalism or design defects, to more dramatic causes such as fire, explosion or storm damage.
We work closely with the police, London Fire Brigade and other emergency services as well as external government agencies such as the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Environmental Agency to ensure buildings in Southwark are safe.
Page last updated: 09 December 2022