Applications and charges

Regularisation application

Any building work carried out after 11 November 1985 without having building control consent, is considered unauthorised. Building control consent for these works can still be applied for through a process called regularisation.

Make an application

After completing and sending in your regularisation application form, we will contact you to arrange a building control officer to inspect the property. The building control officer will let you know if anything needs to be done for a regularisation certificate to be issued.

It is important to note that sometimes it may be necessary that the applicant opens up and exposes parts of the work in order to prove compliance with the building regulations.

Page last updated: 15 August 2018