Dickens Square Park
Southwark Council is implementing landscape improvements to Dickens Square Park. The project area includes Dickens Square, its access road and Butterfly Walk.
The project aims to deliver the following outcomes:
- create a more welcoming, attractive and accessible park
- improve visibility around the park, allowing passive surveillance from nearby streets and residences, and reducing opportunities for anti-social activity
- design new entrances and pathways
- implement new furniture, play and sports equipment
- enable a coherent, well-designed park of high quality that meets the needs of residents and visitors
The proposed detailed design can be accessed here (pdf, 2.1mb).
For more information on materials and furniture currently proposed for the scheme (pdf, 10.1mb).
The proposed detailed design was developed by LDA Design, informed by the preferences expressed in the third community consultation on the design elements.
Planning consent was obtained in February 2020.
Tilhill Forestry Ltd, an experienced playground and landscaping contractor, were appointed to deliver the project on site. They will offer the skills and expertise to ensure that the completed project delivers the ambitions of the council and will provide value for money to the council.
Demolition work to remove the former adventure playground building will start the week commencing 14 December 2020 . Following a brief closure for Christmas, the main landscaping works will begin and the whole site will be closed to the public from the week commencing 4 January 2020. We anticipate the main construction work will complete in Summer 2021.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Page last updated: 15 December 2020