The future of our cemeteries
Camberwell New - Area B burial area
The site has been identified as a short term option within the 2012 Cemetery Strategy (to 2022) and entails the creation of approximately 1000 burial plots by bringing the currently unused former Honor Oak Nursery site at Camberwell New Cemetery into use as a new burial area.
The scheme will bring the site back into public use and involve remodeling the site to ensure it is suitable for burials, enhancing accessibility to the cemetery and recreational grounds, and biodiversity improvements including a new pond.
The planning application was approved in June 2017. The application reference number is 17/AP/0671.
Work has begun on site and is due to be completed later this year.
You can find out more about the project by downloading the files below or viewing our Cemetery FAQ page.
Area B reports
You can download Area B project reports below;
- The Consultation Report (July 2016) (pdf, 1.3mb)
- The Options Report (August 2016) (pdf, 7.2mb)
- Summary of the main pros and cons (October 2016) (pdf, 169kb)
- Area B Design Feedback Summary Report (pdf, 350kb)
- Area B Design Feedback Summary Report Appendix 1 (pdf, 457kb)
- Area B Ecological appraisal (May 2016) (pdf, 1.7mb)
- Area B Ecological Reptile Survey (May 2016) (pdf, 2.9mb)
- Area B Ecological Bat Report (June 2016) (pdf, 5.9mb)
Please note, several Area B option designs have been produced at a number of different stages of the project. The options referred to within the ecological reports refer to pre-consultation draft options and not the final design publicly presented at the July consultation.
Page last updated: 28 August 2018