Estate parking terms and conditions
To avoid us taking action against your vehicle, stick to the following rules:
- park in the specially marked parking bays / designated areas
- have valid Tax and MOT (random checks are carried out)
- if your vehicle has been damaged in an accident, report it to the estates parking team immediately
- there are no special privileges for vehicles covered over with tarpaulin
- Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) from the DVLA does not apply on the estates. Should the enforcement team notice a vehicle displaying a SORN, a 7 day warning notice will be placed on the vehicle and may then be towed away if the owner fails to acknowledge ownership within the 7 days
- do not park on yellow hatched areas or on double yellow lines, as we will automatically issue a Penalty Charge Notice
- we will enforce any vehicle parked in a way that prevents essential services from carrying out their duties
- we will enforce any vehicle that is a target for antisocial behaviour or endangers the public
- no oversized vehicles are allowed to park on the estates unless they are carrying out a specific service
- we cannot be held responsible for anyone failing to obey the conditions of the estate parking schemes
- do not park in front of the garages on any of our estates, or you will be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice
We will not issue a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) or remove a vehicle if it:
- displays a valid disabled badge
- has a virtual permit or clearly displaying a valid physical permit in the windscreen
- is registered to undertakers and is on business at an estate
- is an emergency service vehicle (eg police, ambulance and fire brigade) or has been taken without permission (stolen)
Wherever possible the council will try to provide parking for disabled residents and visitors.
In exceptional circumstances, the council may grant exemption for parking restrictions.
The council cannot be held responsible for anyone failing to keep to the conditions of the estate parking schemes.
Page last updated: 24 July 2020