Find a library
East Street Library
168 - 170 Old Kent Road
How to get there
Bus: 21, 42, 53, 63, 172, 453
- Monday 2pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 2pm to 7pm
- Wednesday Closed
- Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Friday 2pm to 7pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday closed
What is on offer
- Browsing the library - Come into the library to browse books and other items you would like to borrow.
- Ordering books, DVDs and CDs - Search the catalogue and place reservations for collection.
- Public PCs and wifi - You'll need your library card number to use a PC or the wifi.
- Study spaces
- Events - Some Southwark Library events are taking place online while others are happening in-person in outside spaces. See What's On in the online listings or ask in the library.
- eLibrary - Your library card gives you access to a wide range of online services including film streaming, eBooks and eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers and a wide range of eResources for topics from family history to citizenship and driving theory tests.
- Home Library Service - If you're unable to access the library the Home Library Service may be able to assist you.
- wheelchair access to the library
- no toilet
- no dedicated parking
- computers offer Dolphin Supernova software (allows screen magnification and audio assistance for visually impaired)
Page last updated: 29 June 2022