Find a library
Southwark Heritage Centre and Walworth Library
145-147 Walworth Road
How to get there
Bus: 12, 35, 40. 45, 68, 136, 148, 171, 176, 343, 468, P5
Tube: Elephant and Castle
Train: Elephant and Castle
- Monday 10am to 8pm
- Tuesday 10am to 8pm
- Wednesday 10am to 8pm
- Thursday 10am to 8pm
- Friday 10am to 8pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday closed
What is on offer
- Browsing the library - Come into the library to browse books and other items you would like to borrow.
- Ordering books, DVDs and CDs - Search the catalogue and place reservations for collection.
- Southwark heritage centre - Explore the world through permanent displays of artefacts from the council’s heritage collections and a programme of temporary exhibitions.
- Mystery book bags - Choose the genre or subject you want to read and see what you get, from children's stories, adult romance, mysteries and more.
- Public PCs
- Study spaces
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Events - Some Southwark Library events are taking place online while others are happening in-person in outside spaces. See What's On in the online listings or ask in the library.
- eLibrary - Your library card gives you access to a wide range of online services including film streaming, eBooks and eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers and a wide range of eResources for topics from family history to citizenship and driving theory tests.
- Home Library Service - If you're unable to access the library the Home Library Service may be able to assist you. Please contact us on 020 7525 7493 or email email@example.com.
- lift access
- computers offer access to Dolphin Supernova software (allows screen magnification and audio assistance for visually impaired)
Page last updated: 11 October 2021