Find a library
A temporary library will open on nearby Bournemouth Road from the week commencing 19 December 2022.
122 Peckham Hill Street
How to get there
Bus: 12, 36, 37, 63, 78, 136, 171, 177, 197, 343, 345, 363, 381, 436, P12, P13
Rail: Train to Peckham Rye
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday 10am to 8pm
- Thursday 9am to 8pm
- Friday 9am to 8pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday 12pm to 4pm
For children and young people:
- Rhymetime (ages 0 to 4) - every Monday 2pm to 2.30pm and Friday, 10.30am to 11am during term time
- Baby and toddler session (ages 0 to 4) - every Tuesday during term time, 10.30am to 12pm
- Chatterbooks (ages 7 to 11) - second Tuesday of the month, 4pm to 5pm.
- Book group - last Thursday of every month, 7pm to 8pm
Contact Peter Holzmann for more information
- First Friday Club - first Friday of every month, 11am to 1pm
Contact Peckham Library for more information
- Afternoon book group - last Friday of every month, 1pm to 2pm
Contact Amy France for more information
- Getting started with computers, email and the internet - bookable one-to-one sessions at various times from Monday to Saturday. Please email or ask in the library to book.
What else is on offer
- Books, talking books and DVDs to borrow - Search the catalogue and place reservations for collection
- eLibrary - including eBooks and eAudiobooks, film streaming and online resources for topics from family history, to citizenship and driving theory tests
- Newspapers and magazines to read in the library or online
- Borrow a tablet for use in the library
- Study spaces - 66 spaces available for adults
- Public PCs and wifi - 28 PCs available for public use. You'll need your library card number to access these services
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Events - for special events see the online What's On diary or ask in the library
- Home Library Service - for those unable to access the library in person.
- flat access to the building
- lift access to all floors and pods (If you'd like assistance using the lift, speak to a member of staff on the ground floor or fourth floor)
- disabled access toilets
- access to Dolphin Supernova software (allows screen magnification and audio assistance for visually impaired).
Page last updated: 23 November 2022