Free swimming lessons
We're offering residents free swimming lessons. 12-week courses for beginners are available at all our leisure centres.
Who can have free swimming lessons
If you’re a Southwark resident, a non-swimmer and aged 16 or over, you can book free swimming lessons. Lessons are available as follows:
- adults aged 16 or over can book lessons at any centre listed below
- over 60s can book lessons at any centre listed below
- residents with disabilities can book at any centre below
Where can you have free lessons
- Camberwell Leisure Centre, Artichoke Place, London SE5 8TS
- The Castle Centre, 2 St Gabriel Walk, Elephant and Castle, London SE1 6FG
- Dulwich Leisure Centre, 2b Crystal Palace Road, London SE22 9HB
- Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre, 10 Melon Road, London SE15 5QN
- Seven Islands Leisure Centre, 100 Lower Road, Rotherhithe SE16 2TU
How to book your free lessons
- Check when lessons are available each week.
- Fill in a request form after clicking to register stating your preference of when you’d like to have lessons.
- Everyone Active will contact you by phone or email to offer you a lesson slot. If a suitable slot isn't available, you’ll be put on a waiting list.
- You need to confirm whether you’d like to accept the place if one is offered.
- Bring proof of your address to the leisure centre on the day of your first lesson.
Residents that need support completing an application for the free lesson scheme can get help by visiting their local leisure centre or library.
You can find out additional information about the scheme, including what to bring and the length of the course.
If you'd like to provide feedback about the swimming lesson scheme, click the Contact Southwark Leisure button on the right side of this page.
Follow us on Twitter @ActiveSouthwark
Page last updated: 12 June 2023