Free swim and gym
Southwark residents can use swimming and gym facilities for free in all of the council leisure centres.
Free access is available at the following times:
- all day Fridays (check with your local leisure centre for any exceptions)
- Saturday and Sunday (from 2pm to closing)
- adults aged over 60 years can take part in any Silver sessions free throughout the week
- disabled residents can use every leisure centre free 7 days a week
It is easy to register for this great offer, you can:
- register for an account online
- access a computer at your local library to register
- ask for an application form in your local leisure centre
To complete the registration process take proof of identification and home address to your local leisure centre and collect your membership card (available the day after registration).
If you wish to use the gym, please book an induction appointment online or at your local leisure centre (this is not required for swimming)
Residents can be referred by their GP or other medical experts for exercise programmes, see exercise referral scheme.
Follow us on Twitter @ActiveSouthwark
Page last updated: 11 November 2021