If you wish to use one of our parks for personal training or to run fitness sessions on a commercial basis, you must be licensed.
We issue licences to sports clubs and businesses that charge their customers. These licences permit the use of park space to run organised activities which allow us to regulate use and maintain safety.
We issue these licences because:
- all visitors should have access to and use of public open spaces
- we must protect public parks for everyone to enjoy and benefit from various forms of fitness training in public spaces
- fitness operators must have appropriate qualifications (based on industry best practice)
- fitness operators must be fully insured and hold liability for participants' safety
- we must manage the high demand for fitness providers wishing to use Southwark's parks
Applying for a licence
When filling out the online form, you'll need:
- park details
- proposed dates & times
- to upload relevant documents (eg qualifications, first aid certificate etc)
- proof of insurance
- completed risk assessments for your activity
Our fees change monthly or annually. Businesses who charge their customers should take note of these changing fees.
You can view our fitness license fees (pdf, 149kb) list here.
If your fitness activities are free to customers, we can provide a free licence.
If you're experiencing issues applying for a licence or if you have any questions, contact us on email@example.com.
Page last updated: 14 September 2018