Become an intern with our partners
upReach internships for less-advantaged students
If you’re an undergraduate or recent graduate from a less advantaged background, there's available support to help you apply for paid internships and secure a top job.
Support to help you to apply for an internship
We've partnered with social mobility charity upReach, to provide free, personalised support (worth up to £900). If you're an eligible Southwark student, they can help you improve your employability and secure a competitive internship in summer 2021 at a top employer.
What criteria you need to meet to apply for these internships
We welcome applications from students who meet all the following criteria:
- have a Southwark home address (family home, not term-time accommodation)
- have a household income below £42,620
- have attended UK state schools only
- are aged over 18
- are currently an undergraduate in full-time study at a UK university (or graduated in 2020) and meet at least one of the following:
- neither parent went to university
- was eligible for free school meals, or
- you've been looked after by the local authority
Apply to upReach’s internship programme
If you answered yes to the questions above, apply to upReach’s internship programme.
If you have any questions before applying, email upReach.
Find out more about upReach
Find out more about upReach from their website and social media:
- follow upReach website
- follow upReach on Twitter
- follow up Reach on Facebook
- follow upReach on Instagram
Page last updated: 07 April 2021