Southwark Scholarship Scheme 2023
Since the Southwark Scholarship scheme began in 2011, we've helped 127 young people (under 25 years) pursue higher education. The scholarship award covers the full cost of tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate university course.
Since graduating from university, our scholars have gone on to careers in Education, Law, Medicine, Engineering as well as other fields in the Creative Arts industry. By investing in the Southwark Scholarship Scheme, we hope to narrow the pay and skills gap between young people who come from financially challenged households compared to young people who come from privileged backgrounds; thus supporting Southwark’s commitment and vision for a Fairer Future.
Who can apply
Please submit an application if you're interested in going to university this year and meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below:
- under 25 years old
- must come from a household with a combined income of less than £28,000 per annum
- proven record of being a resident of Southwark for a minimum of the past 3 years (students placed outside of the borough temporarily by Southwark’s Housing Department are eligible subject to evidence)
- have legal status in the UK with indefinite leave to remain
- must be entering higher education for the first time in autumn 2023
- must have a proven record of active engagement and positively contributing to the community in Southwark
- must have a good record of academic achievement
- must have a UCAS offer from their chosen university to start the course in autumn 2023
- must have a genuine willingness to want to return the investment by doing something back for Southwark’s community
The scholarship is only awarded to a limited number of students each year. At each stage of the application process, you must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the submissions in full to progress to the next stage. Evidence for income assessment will be required. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 22 February 2023