Southwark Scholarship Scheme 2022
Since the Southwark Scholarship scheme began in 2011, Southwark Council has helped 121 young people (under 25 years) pursue higher education on the Southwark Scholarship Scheme. The scholarship award covers the full cost of tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate university course.
Since graduating from university, our scholars have gone on to careers in Education, Law, Medicine, Engineering as well as other fields. By investing in the Southwark Scholarship Scheme, we hope to narrow the pay and skills gap between young people who come from financially challenged households compared to young people who come from privileged backgrounds; thus supporting Southwark’s commitment and vision for a Fairer Future.
Who can apply
We welcome your application if you're interested in going to university this year and meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below:
- under 25 years old
- must come from a household with a combined income of less than £25,000 per annum
- proven record of being a resident of Southwark for a minimum of the past 3 years (students placed outside of the borough temporarily by Southwark’s Housing Department are eligible subject to evidence)
- have a legal status in the UK with indefinite leave to remain
- must be entering higher education for the first time in autumn 2022
- must have a proven record of active engagement and positively contributing to the community in Southwark
- must have a good record of academic achievement
- must have a UCAS offer from their chosen university to start the course in autumn 2022
The scholarship is only awarded to a limited number of students each year. At each stage of the application process you must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the submissions in full to progress to the next stage.
For further information regarding eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 11 May 2022