Southwark Apprenticeship Standard
The Southwark Apprenticeship Standard is a new standard for quality apprenticeships in Southwark.
We’re committed to working with employers to make apprenticeships the best they can be. Whether you’re a sole trader taking on your first employee or a multinational rethinking talent recruitment, high quality apprenticeships are great opportunites to grow your workforce and meet the needs of your business.
The Southwark Apprenticeship Standard is based on ten years of experience delivering a highly successful scheme in partnership with some of our major contractors. The Standard addresses four key areas that are central to the success of any apprenticeship:
- Secure employment, with a minimum contract of 12 months
- Payment of the London Living Wage
- Quality training provision
- Mentoring and support
To find out more about the Standard, download our guide (pdf, 185kb).
Southwark Apprenticeship Standard: employers
We're working in partnership with local employers to promote quality apprenticeships, celebrate excellence and offer support that works for businesses. Some of our partners are already offering apprenticeships that meet the Southwark Apprenticeship Standard, others are working towards the Standard.
If you'd like to find out who has signed up to the Apprentice Standard, see Partners supporters champions (pdf, 534kb).
To find out how we can help you create an apprenticeship, visit our Employ an apprentice page.
Southwark Apprenticeship Standard: providers
The Southwark Apprenticeship Standard recognises the crucial role providers have in delivering successful apprenticeships. We developed a directory of providers that meet the Standard to help local employers find quality training resources.
You can find information about all apprenticeship training providers below:
- search for a provider by job-role - completion rates for frameworks against the national and provider average
- check provider quality - general information on provider quality including Ofsted grades and specific information about learner / employer experiences
- search for a provider by framework - completion rate information and detailed view of all the frameworks a provider offers
- The Southwark apprenticeship standard training provider directory (docx, 94kb)
- Guide to the Southwark Apprenticeship Standard (pdf, 148kb)- find out the quality criteria for our directory
Page last updated: 15 January 2018