Employ an apprentice
Why employ an apprentice?
Employing an apprentice can bring a wide range of benefits to your business. We offer free business support for any Southwark employer looking to create apprenticeships and you can get government funding to cover some of the training costs.
By employing an apprentice you can:
- grow your workforce and attract new talent
- recruit exceptional people at an early stage
- provide opportunities for local people
- remain competitive by developing the specialist skills your business needs
- get cost effective training for your staff
- access free business support to help you recruit
Other benefits of apprenticeships for your organisation include:
- there's a wide selection of apprenticeships available, covering lots of different job roles
- you can adapt the training your apprentice receives according to the needs of your organisation
- an apprenticeship allows you to diversify and freshen up your workforce
- 90% of apprentices stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship
- you can employ an apprentice who's aged 16 up to any age and from any background
Did you know…
85% of employers say that apprenticeships developed skills relevant to their organisation and 78% say they improved productivity (National Apprenticeship Service)
83% of employers rely on their apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future (Populus)
59% of apprentice employers report that training apprentices is more cost-effective than hiring skilled staff, and that apprenticeships lead to lower overall training costs (LSC study)
Get help employing an apprentice
We offer free business support for Southwark employers looking to create apprenticeships. Our team is on hand to answer questions and guide you through the process.
We can help you to:
- identify what sort of apprenticeships best suit your needs
- find suitable training providers
- navigate the National Apprenticeships Programme
- advertise apprenticeship vacancies
- recruit apprentices
- network with and learn from other apprentice employers
- keep up to date with policy changes that affect you as an apprentice employer
For more information and help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7525 7335.
Page last updated: 27 January 2020