Planning back office
Weekly update - 25 October 2019
Week two of our second sprint, focus being on iterating our prototypes based on feedback and ensuring we’re gaining a UK-wide view of planning teams by focusing on non-London local authorities.
What happened this week?
Some of the activities covered by the team this week include:
- Further discussions with Plan✕ - with the news that Plan✕ is heading into the alpha phase, our team had a discussion with Open Systems Lab to understand how we can continue aligning the projects, from the user-facing and admin-facing views
- User testing sessions - running further using testing sessions, including some members of the planning department within Leeds City Council
- Iterating our prototypes - applying feedback gathered through user testing sessions to create the next iteration of our prototypes
- Planning for a trip to Coventry - some of the BoPS team are taking to the road on Monday morning for a trip to Coventry City Council, where we’re running a number of testing sessions and co-design exercises with a team of planning officers
Next week is our sprint two Show & Tell at Tooley Street (everyone is welcome to attend at 2.30pm on Tuesday, floor five), where the team will be sharing progress from across the last two weeks.
Next week, the team is planning on:
- Continuing recruitment and user testing across UK-wide council planning teams (let us know if you know of any further local authorities who we can be introduced to)
- Testing our prototypes with a number of confirmed teams, including Coventry City Council and Croydon Council
Page last updated: 01 December 2020