Supporting people programme

The Supporting people programme can provide a range of housing related support services to help vulnerable people maintain and improve their ability to live independently at home and within the community.

Support can help with a wide range of issues including:

  • older people with support needs and frail elderly people
  • people with mental health problems
  • people with learning disabilities
  • people with a physical or sensory disability
  • single homeless people with support needs
  • offenders or people at risk of offending
  • young people at risk and care leavers
  • women at risk of domestic violence
  • people living with HIV
  • homeless families with support need

The programme will only pay for housing related support services that help people to live independently. It doesn't pay for care services. 

How to get housing related support service

Referrals can be made by:

  • your Social worker
  • your GP
  • voluntary organisations
  • your Resident Service Officer

Page last updated: 27 April 2017

Privacy settings