Major works to your home
We carry out major works in order to maintain and improve our housing stock.
Improving housing in Southwark is central to the council’s wider plans to create a fairer future for all. Access to appropriate, good quality, genuinely affordable homes is important not just for residents, but also to the wider economy and essential to shaping a borough that all residents can be proud of and which is truly sustainable into the future.
Works to be carried out
When we carry out major refurbishment, the following works are usually included:
- decorations to shared areas
- new quality kitchens and bathrooms to tenanted properties (for kitchens over 20 years old and bathrooms over 30 years old)
- roofs, windows, brickwork and other replacements we've assessed as necessary
- district heating, lifts and water tanks (these works have their own separate programmes)
Major works locations
You can find out when works are planned for your home below:
- on site schemes (pdf, 49kb)
- upcoming schemes until March 2021 (pdf, 46kb)
- upcoming schemes from 2021 to 2023 (pdf, 177kb)
- Street Properties schemes 2021 to 2023 (pdf, 16kb)
- mechanical and electrical programmes (pdf, 55kb) (district heating, lift refurbishment, tanks and ventilation)
If you’re a potential buyer, see our buying, selling, subletting and remortgaging section.
For all other queries relating to our major works programmes, contact Investment Planning.
Page last updated: 28 October 2020