Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs)
Support for TMOs
Our policy is to support TMOs, based on the following principles:
- to make sure all of our tenants are treated equitably
- to achieve our priorities for offering housing
- to promote the principles and delivery of equal opportunities
- to make sure there are suitable arrangements and conditions for staff
A TMO Liaison Committee meets every two months to discuss issues affecting all TMOs across the borough. The Committee is made up of two representatives from each of our current fifteen TMOs, as well as four councilors, including the Executive Member for Housing Management.
You can find out about other organisations who work to support TMO's below:
- National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations (NFTMO) - offer information for tenants and leaseholders running TMO's or thinking of forming a TMO.
- Communities and Local Government (CLG) - responsible for national TMO policy and approving agencies to work with tenants and leaseholders to develop TMOs; they also publish a series of guides called 'The Right to Manage'
Page last updated: 09 March 2018